Aqua Flash Super Soaker Concept Ideas

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
Aqua_Flash

Aqua Flash Super Soaker Concept Ideas

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Despite the fact my contest ended up getting called off due to lack of entries, the idea of the contest made me want to do some of my own ideas, and I feel I need to do some creativity as I lack that at the moment/or struggling with it.

I don't really have a proper design program yet, and I don't really want to use paint either, so at present my realisitc ideas are being done by good ol' fashioned hand drawing.

I've done a rough draft of my first idea, so here goes (please excuse my crappy art skillz'). I will be drawing a better one than that is fully labelled, coloured with description, all the usual good old Larami Super Soaker stuff, as this is only rough for now, I also need to buy a smaller fine liner. I also need to make the front look a bit better around the nozzle area.

I was debating on whether I should call it the CPS 1212 or 1512, at present, it is 1512.

Basically, this gun has two nozzles and picks up from the great standard that the CPS 1500 offered (hence the CPS 1512). The bottom and top nozzle can be fired alone, or both can be fired at once by toggling the gauge switch next to the end of the reservoir. The bottom nozzle is rated at 5x and the top is rated at 10x (could change). Has a 3.5L reservoir and a 1L spherical CPS firing chamber. The reservoir cap is also backpack compatible (backpacks sold separately). Tracked pump for great durability. Also has a comfy thick padded shoulder strap (not pictured) for the ultimate soaking experience.

I was considering 1212 because of the nozzles, you can either fire one nozzle or both, hence 1212.

I'll be working on this more, as well as other ideas when I'm finished with fully doing this one at the moment. While at present there is not much chance of powerful soakers being released I can at least create my own realistic imaginery (at the moment) line of Super Soakers which would be good. I'll use this thread to update my ideas through time.
Last edited by Aqua_Flash on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Re: Aqua Flash Super Soaker Concept Ideas

Post by DX » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Interesting design idea! I love the potential capacity and durability. If that were on shelves, I'd buy one on sight. :) Personally, I think CPS 1212 works better as a name, only because "CPS 1512" already exists [1500 pc integrated into a 1200].
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:00 am

I've changed the first picture to a more updated, more clear one. I have also renamed it my first original thought which was CPS 1212.

I've also started work on my next concept. Again, the name is not fully known yet, at first I decided on CPS 900, but after listing the features and specs then it was kinda big for that name and more in the size region of the CPS 1000/1200/2100. Thus, while it says CPS 900 up there for now, I was thinking of calling it something like the CPS Hydro, which I quite like.

Features:

>2.3L Reservoir (may make a bit bigger for final idea)
>20oz Cylinderical CPS Chamber
>Tracked Pump
>Deluxe Strap
>Pressure Gauge
>Rotating Nozzle Selector
>Two Nozzle Settings of 2.5x and 7x
>Reservoir Cap Backpack Compatible

That's all for now, I plan to next update this when the designs are finalised and basically put into a box advert in colour which I'll be doing. Along with this I'll also be working on drawing up few more new soakers to create a 100% realistic Super Soaker line that would be worth waiting for, just like the good old Larami days. I'll probably also create a Concepts page for my site to show them when ready.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Nice concept soakers! It'd most definitely be great to see higher-end stock soakers hit the market again. For now, we can only dream, but this is one dream worth pursuing.

If you're planning on creating a page on Aqua Flash for your concepts, that'd be great! However, in the event you opt against it, please let me know if you'd be willing to have your concept designs added to the iSoaker.com Concept page.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: